Latest: New Israeli strikes target ambulances, health center in south Lebanon despite truce
NBS Webdesk


A series of new Israeli airstrikes have struck Lebanese civil defense teams, ambulances and a civil defense headquarters in south Lebanon, marking yet another violation of the fragile ceasefire agreement between Israel and the Arab nation.

Israel’s military said it carried out an airstrike targeting a member of Hezbollah in the area of Alma al-Shaab Thursday, its latest attack on the country in recent days. 

Lebanon’s official National News Agency (NNA) reported that one person was wounded in an Israeli drone strike on a car in the village near the border.

It had also reported two wounded in Bint Jbeil in south Lebanon by an Israeli drone strike that targeted a car.

Israeli strikes at dawn Thursday targeted two ambulances, a fire truck, and the destroyed a temporary health center operated by the Islamic Health Association in the town of Naqoura near the border.

“The Israeli enemy targeted the newly established Civil Defense Center of the Islamic Health Association (IHA) in the town of Naqoura at dawn today with three aggressive raids, which led to its complete destruction and damage to two ambulances and a fire truck. Divine mercy prevented any injuries among the paramedics,” the IHA said in a statement.

“This aggression is part of a series of daily violations and attacks by the enemy, completing a series of crimes that it began in its last war on Lebanon, through its deliberate targeting of ambulance crews,” it added. 

The Lebanese Ministry of Public Health, in a statement, condemned Israel’s continued targeting of the healthcare sector.

The ministry’s media office said the attack adds to the repeated assaults carried out by the Israeli military on non-military health centers since the start of the aggression.

The ministry reiterated its call on the international community not to overlook the gravity of these violations, which constitute a blatant breach of international laws, humanitarian organization charters, and established norms.

This is not the first time that the Tel Aviv regime has breached the truce that went into effect in November last year.

Israel bombed Beirut’s southern suburb on Tuesday, killing several people, including a Hezbollah official and his son.. 

The Tel Aviv regime has continued to carry out deadly strikes on Lebanese territory since the truce agreement took effect, violating the deal over 1,500 times. 

The new attacks came one day after Israel’s minister of military affairs, Israel Katz, visited an Israeli outpost established on Lebanese territory near the town of Markaba. 

Katz vowed that Israel’s occupation in south Lebanon would be indefinite. “We are here without a time limit. It doesn’t depend on time. It depends on the situation.”

Israel’s military remains positioned in five locations along the border inside southern Lebanon, where they established themselves following the ceasefire deal in November 2024. 

This is aside from the Lebanese land that Israel has already been illegally occupying for decades. 

Israel was meant to pull out all its forces from south Lebanon after the ceasefire deal.

Satellite imagery reviewed by the New York Times recently showed Israeli forces have been building a network of military structures and fortifications in south Lebanon.

After enduring substantial losses over almost 14 months of conflict and not achieving its aims in the offensive against Lebanon, Israel had no choice but to agree to a ceasefire with Hezbollah. The ceasefire was implemented on November 27.

Since the initiation of the agreement, the occupying forces have been conducting attacks on Lebanon, violating the ceasefire, which encompasses airstrikes across the Arab nation.

On January 27, Lebanon declared its decision to prolong the ceasefire with Israel until February 18.

Source: Presstv

Watch NBS news on YouTube in Bengali । Subscribe Our YouTube Channel: